“Make yourself a modern, stylish wallpaper!” Requirements: Photoshop CS and newer Difficulty: Medium – Hard Time: max 1 hour. Outcome: Resources: You’ll need these brushes for the tutorial. And this picture. We will learn some new photoshop tricks, so let’s go! 1. First I opened up a new document named ‘nikki’ . Size was 1600×1000. […]
“Make yourself a modern, stylish wallpaper!”
Requirements: Photoshop CS and newer
Difficulty: Medium – Hard
Time: max 1 hour.
You’ll need these brushes for the tutorial.
And this picture.
5. Copied it to my ‘nikki’ document and resized it.
6. I created a group named ‘shadow’. After that, using the Gradient Tool I made 4 radial black-to-nothing gradients into separate layers ( shadow_heels copy 1,2,3,4 ). Using transform I modified them to fit under the shoe reproducing it’s shadow.
As you can see I have 4 shadows. I marked them with this red circles. If this is confusing to you I’ll simplify. Make new layer. Radial gradient ( black-to-nothing gradient ). Transform it to fit under the shoe. Simple as that!
7. I noticed there is some text left on my cutout, on right the shoe so I quickly got my Smudge Tool and smudged it a bit.
8. I selected all my shadow layers and duplicated them and transformed them to fit onto the other shoe. You could also just repeat step 6 but on the other shoe.
9. I created a new top layer named shadow_out. After that I CTRL+CLICK onto my cutout layer icon to make it as selection. After that I used a soft black brush to reproduce shadow onto the shoes. ( on layer shadow out).
10. New layer below cutout layer. Again CTRL+CLICK on cutout layer’s icon to select it and filled my new layer called ‘cutout – shadow’ with black color.
11. I transformed it like this.
12. Duplicated it and blurred it a bit, opacity on 80%. I’m just telling you what I did but you can experiment with blur strength and opacity.
13. Again did the same.
14. Once more but this time i transformed it a bit.
15. I made a group ‘cutout_shadow’ so my layers don’t get messy.
16. Made a new group called ‘triangle’ and made a new triangle using Polygon Tool ( U ).
17. After that I just Duplicated the same triangle, resize it to 75% and rotate it 15° counter clockwise. I repeated that 4 times to have 4 different triangles with 4 different colors. Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and White.
18. Above every triangle layer I made a new layer. After that using spatter brushes I just clicked somewhere on the triangle and painted it with spatter brush in same color as the triangle.
19. Now I selected every triangle. Duplicated selection. Merged it. Blurred it. Again and again and I would transform it so I fill the background with slightly same colors. After every duplication I merged it to 1 layer. If this is too complicated, you can make a new bottom layer, use a soft low opacity big brush and just paint cyan,magenta,yellow colors onto background.
20. New top layer. Image > Apply Image. Filter > Sharpen.
21. New top layer. Image > Apply Image. Image > Adjustments > Gradient map ( black-to-white). Mode Lighten, opacity 34%.
22. New top layer. Image > Apply Image. Filter > Noise > Add noise. Opacity 2-3%.
Last few steps are just mini touch ups you can skip that if you’re satisfied with previous result. That’s it for today, you have learned how to make an awesome fashion wallpaper/poster using simple photoshop tricks.
By the way, PixelTango.com gives you a free .PSD for every tutorial, so be sure to check it out.