“Don’t go the wrong way”
Requirements: Made with CS6 but can be done in previous versions also
Difficulty: Medium +
Time: Max 1,5 Hours
Well, let’s start:
1. Open up ‘Tree’ picture
2. Roughly select it with Lasso Tool ( L )
3. Simply click on selection and move it left
4. Right Click > Feather > 25 Pixels > OK
5. Copy+Paste and move it on tree
6. Expand it ( CTRL + T to transform )
7. Now use Eraser Tool ( E ) and delete some parts with soft brush ( I deleted the RED parts )
8. Now using Clone Stamp Tool ( S ) Alt+Click on area you want to use as your stamp pattern ( RED area ). Now simply Paint on your area that you want to cover. In this case the tree ( GREEN area )
9. Again, same process on end of tree.
10. Where did the tree go? : )
11. Open up ‘boat’ picture in a separate document.
12. Using Pen Tool ( P ) make a path that includes whole boat.
13. Now go on Path’s window and RIGHT CLICK on ‘work path’ thumbnail. ( If you do not have Path window that go Window > Paths in Photoshop toolbar )
14. Copy it ( CTRL + C ) and Paste it on your previous document ( CTRL + V )
15. Transform it ( CTRL + T ) and put it onto shadow area.
16. Use Eraser Tool ( E ) and RIGHT CLICK on document to open Brushes dialog. Select grass-like brush.
17. Using various Opacity and size settings start to delete end of the boat.
18. Look how it fits, like it’s in the grass. : )
19. Make a new layer, make sure it’s the top layer. CTRL + CLICK on boat layer thumbnail.
20. Using Brush Tool ( B ) (Hard brush, black, 100% opacity) Paint something like this.
21. Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur > around 11% > Ok
22. Press ALT + G so your new layer would clip onto the boat.
23. Draw a bit more with Brush Tool ( B ) (Soft brush, black, 30% opacity).
24. Make a new layer below boat layer.
25. Gradient, Black to nothing, radial. Make it like this.
26. CTRL + T to transform it and put it like you see on the picture.
27. Bring your clouds picture in the document, lower it’s opacity and position it like this using transform ( CTRL + T )
28. Select this area with Rectangular Marquee Tool ( M ) and press DELETE.
29. Use Eraser Tool ( E ) with same Grass brush as in step 16. Delete the rough edges. ( Marked RED )
30. Put back opacity to 100%.
31. Make a new layer below clouds layer.
32. Gradient tool ( G ) ( Linear gradient, white to nothing ). Gradient it like shown on picture.
33. Put it on Overlay.
34. New layer, on top.
35. Using Brush Tool ( B ), Big size, 100% opacity, Soft Brush paint like this. ( RED area )
36. Type in some text. ( Font doesn’t matter, find one that you like )
37. New layer, below text layer. After that with Rectangular Marquee Tool ( M ) make a selection like this and fill it with white color using Paint Bucket Tool ( G ).
38. CTRL+T and transform it like this.
39. Duplicate that layer by RIGHT clicking on it in layer’s window > Duplicate layer. Transform it like this.
40. Holding CTRL click on both layers and press CTRL + E to merge them. After that Right click on them > Blending options. Check ‘drop shadow’ box and use same preferences.
41. That’s it. I just transformed it a little bit. You’re done : ) Congrats!
That’s about it. You can even download the .PSD document here. Have fun!